Sunday 19 December 2010

I have made a pact to myself that I am going to write on this once a week. I constantly have thoughts running through my mind and I find it very theraputic to scribble it down somwhere and here is an ideal place! Visting Brisbane last week was really great, I felt so refreshed and inspired walking amongst the new unknown bulidings. It was good to be in a city again and it made me realise that I may actually miss Manchester!! Whilst in the city I visited South Bank which is a fantastic area, full of little cafes and bars and I also had a wander round Brisbane Art Gallery. Ahhh...it felt so peaceful walking round on my own where it was so tranquil and quiet. Bliss!


South Bank, Brisbane 
 I saw an exhibition in there that had interesting aspects to it. I loved the phrase 'Abstract Expressionist gone surfing' that was said to describe a series of paintings in the gallery. I love this loose, reckless way of working and the paintings had a lot of enegy to them. Whilst in the gallery I came across some inspiring quotes by other artists. I love this one, I can really relate to this idea and way of working and I feel I carry this thought in my own working style.
Brisbane at night

'I did not paint these works as a visitor to the landscape, but as one who lived in it and experienced it every day.' William Robinson, Australian artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment