Sunday 26 December 2010

Ah what a week! It's been a busy seven days and it has continued to rain relentlessly!!  I had a good time over Christmas, even though it was non stop and away from home.  Been working on a couple of collages today, one is below.  I've combined images of Manchester with drawings I have done over here.  I really enjoyed the process of removing parts of my drawing from the composition, using a digital eraser instead of a real one! It feels good to have no inhibitions and no worries about destroying a piece.  Photography and drawing are really important aspects in my work but I have never combined them like this before.  I like that this small study has suggestions of the cellulose thinners effect, where images are transferred and scratched at.


No comments:

Post a Comment