Sunday 9 January 2011

Been thinking a lot about my work recently and about myself as an artist. I have had this strong desire to create work and tonight was the perfect night where I sat at my desk and busied away on some new small studies. It was so quiet and I had no interruptions :) I'm visiting Melbourne a week tomorrow and I am so excited about visiting a new city. I have heard great things and I am looking forward to walking round seeing a totally new place.


Working on my new pieces I have had many thoughts whirling around my head. The colours of this different landscape, the difference in nature – the trees, the flowers, the amount of wildlife around me, the architecture – everything I see! I hope to work with some of these thoughts when creating these new pieces. I am hoping to create a juxtaposition in each little study. A double image to create that feeling of confusion. The new (here) and the old (home).

No comments:

Post a Comment