Tuesday 1 March 2011

During my visit to Melbourne in January I took myself on a self-guided tour of the city and I came across a backstreet covered in graffiti, where earlier in the year there was an original piece by Banksy.  

I asked a complete stranger to take my photo and it was exhilarating jumping up into the air!! There are a couple of, what I assume, homages to Banksy's piece just above me in the photo which I think is great - the piece lives on!!


Have a look at 'Jumping In Art Museums' blog where you will find my photo and many others from all over the world.  It is a great blog, really puts a smile on your face.  Visiting art galleries is not something you usually photograph yourself doing and so I think it is a great idea, as it creates a memory of this normally unrecorded experience and also adds fun to it! :)  

 

Check out this article, it explains what happened to the Banksy piece!!

No comments:

Post a Comment